Tasty Chicken Burrito Bowls
Do you just love the burrito bowls that you can get at Chipotle and other restaurants? I do! I’d eat them everyday except for three things. 1) The serving sizes are way to big 2) I barely have time to eat lunch much less go out and get it 3) At $8-$10 a piece it can be quite a hit to our budget.
Hence the quest to create a burrito bowl that would be a great meal on any night or provide 4-5 days of lunches to take to work. I made these on a Sunday and it gave me one bowl to eat and four lunches to take to work. Try these burrito bowls for a tasty meal or a week’s worth of lunches.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Canned black beans
Green Rice (or plain rice if you aren’t into spicy)
Avocado dip (or Avocado Dressing)
Strainer or Collander
Containers (if making lunches)
Begin by gathering all of your ingredients. Cook rice (if making Green Rice click here) Drain and rinse corn and beans. Rinse and dice chicken. Chop red onion, tomato, jalapeno and cilantro.
Add olive oil to skillet. Add chicken be careful to not over crowd the pan. Brown chicken 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Toss chicken with chili powder and cumin. Mixing well,
Begin assembling bowls (I made 5 from each) Divide approximately 1/4 cup chicken, beans and corn in each bowl with 1/2 cup cooked rice. Divide tomatoes, Cilantro and jalapeno evenly among the bowls. Add two tablespoons avocado dressing. If serving immediately call everyone for dinner. If serving for lunch store in individual containers. We love these because I could eat them hot or cold. I actually prefer them cold which saves me the time and trip to the microwave.
I hope you enjoy these Tasty Chicken Burrito Bowls as much as we do! Please leave a comment and let us know what you think!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1-2 jalapenos diced ribs and seeds removed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Avocado Dressing
- t teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Dice chicken, tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos and cilantro. Cook rice (use green rice) or rice of your choice. Add 1/2 teaspoon olive oil to skillet and brown chicken over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes, be careful not to overcook. Toss chicken with chili powder and cumin, Set aside and allow to cool. Assemble individual bowls or to go containers. Add 1/2 cup rice, 1/4 cup beans, corn and chicken. Divide Jalapenos, red onion and cilantro evenly among bowls. Add two tablespoons avocado dip or prepared dressing to each bowl. Serve immediately or cover in sealed containers for lunch throughout the week