This post probably contains affiliate links. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
Do you find that as the seasons change you begin to crave different foods? I do, and I was really craving a salad today. Fresh crisp veggies. The dilemma is it’s not yet spring or summer. There is still and chill in the air and the garden is still in the idea phase. This Fresh and Tasty Mediterranean Farro Salad is the perfect combination of hearty grains combined with fresh crunchy vegetables that are available in grocery stores year round. A perfect solution to satisfy the craving for the bright fresh flavors of spring and summer bridge the gap during the transition from winter.
red bell pepper
green bell pepper
olive oil, garlic
fresh ground pepper
sauce pan with tight fitting lid
Begin by cooking farro according to package instructions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- 1 8.8 ouncepackage Quick Cook Farro
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper finely diced
- 15 cherry or grape tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced peperoncini peppers (optional)
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives minced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint minced
- For the dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook Farro according to package directions. When tender, drain and cool. Dice bell peppers, tomatoes and onions. Dice peperocini peppers and Kalamata olives. Mince mint leaves. In a large bowl combine farro and all other salad ingredients.
- Make the dressing. Combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, basil, oregano and onion powder. Shake well season with fresh ground pepper. Pour dressing over salad and mix to combine chill for a minimum of two hours or overnight. Serve.