Simple Chicken and Artichoke Skillet
This simple chicken and artichoke skillet is a great solution for busy weeknights. Simple, flavorful it would also be a nice dish for company. I came up with this recently while my husband was out of town. Capers and artichokes fall into those grey areas for him when it comes to food. I made this for dinner last night and I love it so much I’m sure that it will be completely gone by tomorrow after two dinners and two lunches for me.
Boneless skinless chicken breast
Salt and Pepper
Large cast iron skillet
Begin by butterflying chicken breasts and pounding to equal thickness so they cook evenly. Season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. In large cast iron skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter and olive oil. Add chicken and cook until browned on each side.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts butterflied and pounded thin
- 1 10 ounce bag frozen articholes
- 1/4 cup capers rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chardonnay
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon chicken flavor or one cube
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Butter fly chicken and pound to even thickness. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place flour on a plate and dredge chicken, Set aside
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium/high heat. Add chicken cooking 3-5 minutes on each side until a golden crust is formed. Remove the chicken and set aside. Add white wine and water to the pan to deglaze, scraping up bits from the bottom of the pan. Add bouillon, artichokes, capers and garlic and cover for 3 minutes. Add chicken back to the pan and cook covered for 5 minutes. Chicken should read 165 on a meat thermometer.
- Adjust heat to low, remove chicken from the pan with tongs swirl in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter add chicken back to sauce cover with chopped parsley and serve.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.