Simple Homemade Margaritas
I have a guilty pleasure. Margaritas. Do you love Margaritas? I do. But some of the varieties you get in restaurants are chock full of calories and sugar. This simple recipe is a way to enjoy margaritas without all the calories and other junk that come in pre-made mixes.
After a bit of tasting, experimenting etc, we came up with a recipe we love. Fresh squeezed lime juice, triple sec and tequila, shaken vigorously over ice. it couldn’t be more simple or refreshing. We have a hot Texas summer right around the corner and I can’t wait to make these for our next outdoor barbeque. I hope you will try these for your next barbeque or day around the pool.
These lists may include affiliate links, these links are for products I use and love. I add these for products or tools that you may not be familiar with or may not be easy to find in your area. Clicking on these links may mean I may get a small commission but this is at no additional cost to you. These commissions are paid by the retailer.
Premium SilverTequila (We like Sauza Silver)
Triple Sec, Cointreau or Grand Marnier
Kosher or Margarita Salt (optional)
Citrus Juicer (This has to be my favorite kitchen tool)
- Serves 2
- 2 ounces premium silver tequila (we like Sauza)
- 1 ounce Triple Sec, Grand Marnier, or Cointreau (extra for salting the rim - optional)
- 3 ounces lime juice
- Margarita or Kosher Salt (optional)
- Lime wheels/wedges (garnish optional)
- Juice 3 ounces of fresh lime juice (2-3 limes). Add tequila, triple sec and lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Add one cup of ice. Shake vigorously until well combined. Prepare two margarita glasses by dipping the rims in triple sec and then margarita or kosher salt. Using a cocktail strainer pour equal amounts into the prepared margarita glasses. Garnish with lime wedges if desired.
Do you love margaritas too? I hope you will try this recipe the next time you are relaxing with friends!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.